Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas:

In Denmark we celebrate Christmas the 24th. In the evening we dine and give presents. Divorced parents meet with their children and their x in the name of Jesus Christ.
Sometimes when somebody's children are married the divorced father must do with the company of nephews and Grandmother.
So Christmas actually reminds me of familiar failure. Of loneliness and pain. Of the social situations that bring people further apart...
Well most years I have celebrated Christmas with my parents even though they don't live together. And it is a riddle to me how they can do it --- if they don't love eachother then why share the festivity ?
Being friends is the concept.
So Merry Christmas to everybody, and I hope you will enjoy the eating etc...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. The story was fictional by the way. glad you enjoyed it :)

Merry Christmas :)

Rick said...

Axel, I don't pretend to know your situation, but perhaps your parents spend Christmas together because they still share one thing--their love of you?
Merry Christmas to you, Axel, and I hope you "enjoy the eating etc..."

The Usual Stuff said...

I know what you mean, coming myself from a divorced-parent family, but I hope you may still be able to get some good memories out of it, as I did. May all the blessings of the universe fill your life.